The website panchul.com used to be my primary personal website, however I decided to put it in conservation mode. It still has useful articles, however I primarily put new updates on two other websites: silicon-russia.com and camellia-sasanqua.com. I am also active on Habrahabr, a Russian technology side, and use Facebook as my everyday diary.
The reason panchul.com is in conservation mode is because I developed this website during a period of my life, 2003-2013, that I would like to keep separate from the time before and time after. Before 2003, I was a founder of a startup company in the area of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) that got acquired by a large company. After 2013, I became concentrated on microprocessor design and verification in MIPS design team, simultaneously traveling abroad to help Russian development in microelectronics. During 2003-2013 I was transitioning between these two states, and while transitioning, I did some very different things, including studying horticulture in a college and working as a part-time magazine writer. So I decided just to leave panchul.com alone and move my new activity to other websites.
Briefly about the sites I am actively using:
- silicon-russia.com – educational projects for microelectronics in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other countries of “Big Russia” / former USSR / former Russian Empire / Eurasia region
- camellia-sasanqua.com – hybridizing Camellia sasanqua, an ornamental garden shrub popular in East Asia and countries with Mediterranean climate
- My code on GitHub – http://github.com/yuri-panchul, more specifically my contributions to MIPSfpga project – http://github.com/MIPSfpga
Some useful sites I also have in conservation mode:
- sazanka.org – my previous site about Camellia sasanqua, with emphasis on collecting rather than hybridizing, and very different look and feel
- panchul.livejournal.com – during 2006-2016 I wrote almost 2000 posts on LiveJournal, that got almost 90,000 comments from other people. This blog started as a way to support my journalism in regular paper magazines. I mixed it with some political trolling and gender issues, and eventually became a recognized niche blogger with almost 3000 Russian-speaking followers. Nevertheless I am losing interest in updating this LJ blog further, for multiple reasons: first, the new management of Yandex removed comment search, so I cannot find the text I and my opponents put into more than 100,000 comments; second, the new management of LJ changes the top page, de-emphasizing the popular blog top and choosing articles according to their taste; third, my interests and style are changing, I am losing interest in trolling people.
Other sites I am using or was using in the past:
- My resume on LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/in/yuripanchul
- My posts on Habrahabr – http://habrahabr.ru/users/yuripanchul/topics
- My posts on Geektimes – http://geektimes.ru/users/yuripanchul/topics
- My Facebook account – http://www.facebook.com/yuri.panchul
- My videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/yuripanchul/videos
- My articles in The New Times – http://newtimes.ru/avtoryi/panchyl-urui.html
- I am mentioned in Wikipedia – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_Level_Design
- My posts on Imagination Forus – http://community.imgtec.com/members/panchul/forums
- My posts on Imagination site – http://imgtec.com/blog/author/yuripanchul
- Photos on Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/panchul – those photos are mostly 2008-2013, after that I was using either LJ, or FB, or other sites
Some sites I am using for translations from Silicon Russia and Camellia sasanqua websites:
My Skype is yuri.panchul